Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day Three of Vacation

As my daughter takes this picture of a sulphur cauldron and bison (upper right corner), I am people watching. In the middle of a narrow dirt path, a little toddler standing next to her mom pulls down her pants and pees on the ground. I guess I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it had happened off the beaten path. Several minutes later a group of tourists walked over the pee soaked ground. As we leave the sight, I notice this same toddler and her parents. Since they were already unconventional in my mind, I decided to watch to see what else they might do. I wasn't disappointed. In California, there are strict laws about everything. I don't know what other states do, but this family was from Utah. So maybe the "buckle up" laws are different. I was shocked when I watched the mom sit in the front passenger seat with her daughter on her lap and no seatbelt. Seatbelts are no promise for tomorrow, but I like to believe they may spare my children if the unavoidable might happen. Posted by Picasa

No comments: